Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Tue March 19, 2013
Unemployment Rate In State Stays Flat In February
New Hampshire’s unemployment rate in February held steady at 5.8%. That’s according to new data from NH Employment Security. The state has added nearly 8,000 private sector jobs in the past twelve months, but a growing labor force continues to keep the overall unemployment rate well above pre-recession levels.
New Hampshire continues to outperform most of New England. Only Vermont has a lower rate at 4.7%.
The national rate stands at 7.7%.