Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
Tue March 19, 2013
Unemployment Rate In State Stays Flat In February
New Hampshire’s unemployment rate in February held steady at 5.8%. That’s according to new data from NH Employment Security. The state has added nearly 8,000 private sector jobs in the past twelve months, but a growing labor force continues to keep the overall unemployment rate well above pre-recession levels.
New Hampshire continues to outperform most of New England. Only Vermont has a lower rate at 4.7%.
The national rate stands at 7.7%.