Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Tue March 19, 2013
Unemployment Rate In State Stays Flat In February
New Hampshire’s unemployment rate in February held steady at 5.8%. That’s according to new data from NH Employment Security. The state has added nearly 8,000 private sector jobs in the past twelve months, but a growing labor force continues to keep the overall unemployment rate well above pre-recession levels.
New Hampshire continues to outperform most of New England. Only Vermont has a lower rate at 4.7%.
The national rate stands at 7.7%.