Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Fri December 6, 2013
UNH Fires Women's Hockey Coach For Inappropriate Physical Contact
The University of New Hampshire fired women's ice hockey coach Brian McCloskey on Thursday after an internal investigation into his behavior during a November 30th game.
Mike Murphy is Associate Director of Athletic Communications at the University. He says McCloskey made inappropriate physical contact with a player while on the bench during a losing game to Ohio State.
Murphy says the contact was absolutely not sexual, but would not confirm if it was violent in nature:
It was inappropriate physical contact, that is the term we use.
In a statement, UNH Athletic Director Marty Scarano says the university has "zero tolerance" for unsportsmanlike behavior.
McCloskey has coached hockey at UNH for the last 20 years. He began as the men's Associate coach, before taking on the women's team in 1999.