Most Active Stories
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Wed July 23, 2014
UNH Hockey Coach Indicted On Assault Charges
Former UNH womens’ hockey coach Brian McCloskey has been indicted on three counts of simple assault against a player on his team.
The state is also charging McCloskey of criminal threatening. The indictment states McCloskey placed his body on top of the players, pulled her backward by her jersey, and pushed and/or pulled her by her helmet while shouting at her.
The University fired McCloskey in December following an investigation into a November game against Ohio State.
McCloskey, whose coaching career at UNH lasted 21 years, has denied wrongdoing. In an open letter to the University System’s board chair, McCloskey wrote that he was merely reprimanding a player for disrespectful behavior. A reprimand, he has said, that would be unnoticed on a mens’ basketball team.