Most Active Stories
- Police In Riot Gear Clash With Crowd In Keene, Several Injuries Reported
- Pop-Up Party Company Under Scrutiny For Role In Keene Riots
- Is Party Company 'FinnaRage' To Blame For Keene Riots?
- Keene Police Release Riot Photos, Ask Public To Help ID Suspects
- Keene State Students Clean Up After Mayhem Near Pumpkin Fest
Tue June 3, 2014
UNH Preparing For Largest Incoming Class Ever
The University of New Hampshire says close to 3,400 first-year students are entering the school this fall — its largest incoming class ever.
This year's first-year class saw an increase of 7 percent in the number of in-state students over last year, up to over 1,400. President Mark Huddleston says UNH attributes that at least partially to the restoration of state funding that allowed the school to freeze in-state tuition for two years.
Previously, the largest class to enter the university was in 2006 with 3,079 students.
The first day of classes is Sept. 2.
New England News