Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Thu September 26, 2013
An Update On Breastfeeding
The practice has increased, but women who want to breastfeed still face barriers at work as well as out and about in public. We’ll talk about some of the research on this subject, as well as questions about where and how moms can do this and how much accommodation the workplace should have to make.
- Lissa Sirois- State WIC Breastfeeding Coordinator, and liaison to the Division of Public Health, for the Department of Health and Human Services
- KJ Dell’Antonia - Editor and lead blogger for Motherlode, the New York Times’ blog about parenting…she’s based in the Upper Valley
- Becky Dunn – Associate Professor & Chair of Health Sciences at Keene State College. She studies breastfeeding in low-income women.
- Kate Abra Frederick – Mother of a young son, has filed a complaint against her employer with the EEOC for what she says was a lack of accommodation to breastfeed in the workplace
All Things Considered