Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth - Segment
Wed November 23, 2011
A Vegan Thanksgiving (and yes, it CAN taste good)
Casual carnivores imagining a vegan Thanksgiving might picture something like this: a grayish “mock” turkey, dry spongy stuffing, and cookies that taste like sawdust. Vegan cooking has made great strides in recent years, but it still feels like a bit of a buzzkill to insist upon being vegan at Thanksgiving. That is, until you've seen Robin Asbell's compilation of vegan recipes, Big Vegan. We spoke with the chef, food writer and cooking teacher about her new (big) book with 350 meat-free, dairy-free, recipes.
And (to play the devil's advocate) we rediscovered our earlier conversation in defense of lard with longtime food writer and blogger Regina Schrambling (click here for a link to her blog).