Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
Fri August 22, 2014
Warren Disavows PAC Urging Her To Run For President
U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren has written to federal regulators stating that she has nothing to do with a newly formed political organization urging her to run for president in 2016.
Lawyers for the first-term Massachusetts Democrat, who was elected in 2012, delivered a letter to the Federal Elections Commission on Friday stating that Warren "has not, and does not, explicitly or implicitly, authorize, endorse, or otherwise approve" of any activities by "Ready For Warren."
The Chicago-based political action committee filed organization papers with the FEC earlier this month.
Warren's attorneys note that the senator has repeatedly stated she's not running for president. They also say she encourages the group to focus on maintaining Democratic Party control in the Senate.
PAC organizers did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
New England News