Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
- Northern Pass Gives $3 Million To Conservation Projects
Fri August 22, 2014
Warren Disavows PAC Urging Her To Run For President
U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren has written to federal regulators stating that she has nothing to do with a newly formed political organization urging her to run for president in 2016.
Lawyers for the first-term Massachusetts Democrat, who was elected in 2012, delivered a letter to the Federal Elections Commission on Friday stating that Warren "has not, and does not, explicitly or implicitly, authorize, endorse, or otherwise approve" of any activities by "Ready For Warren."
The Chicago-based political action committee filed organization papers with the FEC earlier this month.
Warren's attorneys note that the senator has repeatedly stated she's not running for president. They also say she encourages the group to focus on maintaining Democratic Party control in the Senate.
PAC organizers did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
New England News