Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Mon March 31, 2014
WATCH: For The First Time, An Ump's On-Field Call Is Overturned
Originally published on Tue April 1, 2014 8:23 am
A big first happened in today's opening day game in Milwaukee.
The Atlanta Braves were playing the Brewers when Ryan Braun hit a slow rolling grounder to third base. Braun was called safe at first, but the Braves challenged the call and instant replay found the ump was wrong.
The play marks the first time an umpire's on-the-field call has been overturned during baseball's brand-new extended replay era. Previously, only home run calls could be challenged by replay. Courtesy of MLB.com, here's the video:
We'll let sports writer Wes Hodiewicz make the jokes: