Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Word of Mouth
Tue August 13, 2013
Weiner Is Not Filner: The Differences Between Sex Scandals
Anthony Weiner’s mayoral race is losing steam after revelations that he continued sexting women after resigning from Congress in disgrace in 2011. San Diego Mayor Bob Filner says he will not resign, despite a number of women accusing him of sexual harassment and predatory behavior. Both sex scandals revolve around married politicians, both are democrats, and both are getting tarred with the same brush, and not only by the media. Katie Halper is humorist, blogger, and contributor to Salon, where she argued against conflating Weiner and Filner’s actions – even if both of them sound creepy.