Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Thu June 27, 2002
The Weirs Beach Drive-In Takes You Back
The Weirs Beach drive-in, open since 1949, is one of the last remaining drive-ins in New Hampshire.
After a short break from the buzz of Bike Week, Weirs Beach is back to family entertainment.
And once again, moviegoers are filling the four screen drive-in to enjoy the magical ambiance this very nostalgic, American past time.
NHPR correspondent Andres Gonzalez went on opening day and prepared this audio postcard.