Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
- Downhill Racers: In The North Country A Tough, New Venue For Going Faster, Farther
Thu April 25, 2013
'We've Had Enough Bushes,' Says Former First Lady Barbara
Originally published on Thu April 25, 2013 10:48 am
On the day her son George's presidential library is being dedicated in Dallas, former first lady Barbara Bush has told NBC's Today show that "we've had enough Bushes" when it comes to seeing the presidency.
She was asked about the possibility of another son, former GOP Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, running for the White House, in 2016.
Today adds that:
"She still called her son [Jeb] 'by far the best-qualified man,' but went on to say she thought there were many worthy candidates."