Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Word of Mouth
Tue October 9, 2012
What Makes a Great Short Story?
Producer's note: Unfortunately, technical difficulties on Tom's end prevented him from being able to join us for this segment...but as he's one of our favorite writers, we will make every attempt to get him on the program soon! /RL
The frost comes, the leaves fall, you stock the woodpile, and begin to move inward,with stories. Today, we’re going to begin to burrow in to the making of a great short story with the editors of two new collections of short stories. Tom Perotta and Lorin Stein join us today. Tom is guest editor for Houghton-Mifflin’s 2012 edition of The Best American Short Stories. He is the author of seven books, including The Abstinence Teacher and The Leftovers. Lorin is editor, with Sadie Stein of Object Lessons: The Paris Review Presents The Art of the Short Story.