Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Fri May 11, 2012
When Generation Rx Grows Up
We discuss what happens as the medication generation grows up. Journalist and author, Kaitlin Bell Barnett joins us to talk about her new book, Dosed, which describes the experiences of young adults who spent childhood taking psychiatric meds, such as Prozac. Barnett explores the questions many in this generation are now asking: who am i really, after all these years on medication and what might be the long-term effects of these drugs?
Kaitlin Bell Barnett: Brooklyn based journalist and blogger. Author of Dosed: The Medication Generation Grows Up, examining the experiences of young people who came of age taking psychiatric medication.
For more on this topic and Kaitlin Bell Barnett's work, visit her blog.