Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Around the Nation
Mon August 20, 2012
Why Did The Hypersonic 'Waverider' Crash?
Originally published on Mon August 20, 2012 6:02 pm
The U.S. Air Force is investigating what happened to the X-51 Waverider aircraft that fell into the Pacific last week. The X-51 is part of an Air Force/DARPA research project trying to build a "scramjet" engine that will work at hypersonic speeds. NPR's Larry Abramson reports.