Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Around the Nation
Mon August 20, 2012
Why Did The Hypersonic 'Waverider' Crash?
Originally published on Mon August 20, 2012 6:02 pm
The U.S. Air Force is investigating what happened to the X-51 Waverider aircraft that fell into the Pacific last week. The X-51 is part of an Air Force/DARPA research project trying to build a "scramjet" engine that will work at hypersonic speeds. NPR's Larry Abramson reports.