Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
All Things Considered
Wed February 12, 2014
Why Snow Melts Right Above The Septic Tank
We have a lot of snow on the ground these days in New Hampshire. And judging by this week’s weather forecast, the snow piles aren’t likely to get any smaller in the immediate future.
And yet, that’s exactly what happened to David Brooks, who writes the weekly Granite Geek science column for the Nashua Telegraph and GraniteGeek.org - at least in the part of his yard just above the septic tank. He explains some of the theories why this happens to All Things Considered host Brady Carlson.