Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
All Things Considered
Wed February 12, 2014
Why Snow Melts Right Above The Septic Tank
We have a lot of snow on the ground these days in New Hampshire. And judging by this week’s weather forecast, the snow piles aren’t likely to get any smaller in the immediate future.
And yet, that’s exactly what happened to David Brooks, who writes the weekly Granite Geek science column for the Nashua Telegraph and GraniteGeek.org - at least in the part of his yard just above the septic tank. He explains some of the theories why this happens to All Things Considered host Brady Carlson.