Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
All Things Considered
Wed February 12, 2014
Why Snow Melts Right Above The Septic Tank
We have a lot of snow on the ground these days in New Hampshire. And judging by this week’s weather forecast, the snow piles aren’t likely to get any smaller in the immediate future.
And yet, that’s exactly what happened to David Brooks, who writes the weekly Granite Geek science column for the Nashua Telegraph and GraniteGeek.org - at least in the part of his yard just above the septic tank. He explains some of the theories why this happens to All Things Considered host Brady Carlson.