Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Word of Mouth
Mon December 17, 2012
Will Politics Influence Gun Laws?
At an interfaith vigil last night, President Obama offered the love and prayers of the nation to community members in Newtown, Connecticut. The President also promised political action designed to prevent future tragedies, saying our society will be judged by how we care for our children. For the Obama administration, it was a timely but vague first foray into the gun control debate.
Adam Winkler is a professor at the UCLA School of Law and author of “Gun-Fight”, which traces the history and current status of gun control in the United States.