Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth
Mon December 17, 2012
Will Politics Influence Gun Laws?
At an interfaith vigil last night, President Obama offered the love and prayers of the nation to community members in Newtown, Connecticut. The President also promised political action designed to prevent future tragedies, saying our society will be judged by how we care for our children. For the Obama administration, it was a timely but vague first foray into the gun control debate.
Adam Winkler is a professor at the UCLA School of Law and author of “Gun-Fight”, which traces the history and current status of gun control in the United States.