Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Tue September 24, 2013
Woman Charged With Negligent Homicide In Deaths Of Bicyclists
Police have charged a 20-year-old woman with negligent homicide in connection with a weekend crash that killed two cyclists in Hampton, N.H.
Investigators say a car driven by Darriean Hess, of Seabrook, was speeding, crossed the center line and struck a group of riders at 8:30 a.m. Saturday on a bridge during an annual long-distance ride.
Hess was also charged with assault Tuesday.
The crash killed two Massachusetts women, Pamela Wells, of South Hamilton, and Elise Bouchard, of Danvers. Two other riders were injured.
Police say Hess was stopped on the same road eight hours before the crash and ticketed for driving without a license. Police allowed a friend to pick her up and drive her car away.