Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Around the Nation
Fri January 17, 2014
Would-Be Burglar Unlocks Door But It Won't Budge
Originally published on Fri January 17, 2014 1:39 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. This next story would be hard to believe except the source for it claims he has security video. Joe Lynn owns the Shambles bar in Chicago. He tells a local website a man tried to break in at 6:43 a.m. The burglar was technically adept - he disabled a lock. But the video shows he could not open the door.
He just kept pulling and pulling. He finally gave up pulling and just had to walk away, apparently never having noticed the sign that said: Push. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.