Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Around the Nation
Wed July 16, 2014
YMCA Campers Mistaken For Migrant Kids Headed For Detention
Originally published on Wed July 16, 2014 10:32 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Protesters in Oracle, Arizona are concerned about migrant children reaching the U.S. They planned to protest busloads of kids being taken to a local shelter. State lawmaker, Adam Kwasman, told a reporter of seeing a yellow bus full of kids. Their faces full fear. A reporter then pointed out Kwasman had not spied migrant children full of fear. It was a yellow school bus of YMCA campers. The lawmaker apologized, but added the kids quote, "were sad, too." It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.