Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Word of Mouth
Thu September 20, 2012
Is Young Adult Fiction the New Chick Lit?
If you’re over thirty but have read Twilight or The Hunger Games, don’t be embarrassed. You’re not alone. Young adult novels are hardly reserved for young adults anymore. At the same time, many readers have moved on from the once uber-popular “chick lit” genre…it’s a contrast stark enough that Buzzfeed senior editor Anna North recently asked the question, “is young adult fiction the new chick lit”?