Nathaniel Kibby

Jim Cole/AP

After nearly two years of preparing for trial, Nathaniel Kibby, the Gorham man charged with kidnapping and sexually assaulting a Conway teen in 2013, plead guilty Thursday evening.

Kibby, 35, struck a plea deal with prosecutors  that included a sentence of 45 to 90 years behind bars and participation in a sexual offender treatment program.

JIM COLE/AP

A judge has denied Nathaniel Kibby's request to postpone his June trial date. Kibby faces more than 180 charges for allegedly kidnapping and sexually assaulting a 14-year-old Conway girl in 2014.  

FILE

Defense lawyers want to push back the June trial date set for a Gorham man charged with kidnapping a teenage girl.

Nathaniel Kibby faces more than 200 indictments including kidnapping, sexual assault and selling marijuana. 

Kibby’s lawyers told the Belknap County judge Tuesday they are overwhelmed by the more than 43,000 pages of documents involved in the case and don't think they can be ready before June 20. 

Prosecutors oppose any further delay in Kibby's trial, which was originally scheduled to start in March. 

Jim Cole/AP

 

A hearing has been scheduled in the case of a man accused of kidnapping and raping a teenage girl over the course of nine months.

Nathaniel Kibby of Gorham faces more than 200 charges when he's tried in June in Belknap County in the kidnapping of a 14-year-old girl in October 2013.

A motions hearing was scheduled for Thursday in Strafford County Superior Court. It wasn't immediately clear what would be discussed, although lawyers have been arguing over a state request to enter Kibby's home.

Jim Cole/AP

CONCORD, N.H. — A New Hampshire prosecutor has dropped threatening and other charges against the man accused of kidnapping and raping a teenage girl over the course of nine months.

Jim Cole/AP

A man charged with holding a 14-year-old Conway girl captive for nine months was in court Tuesday in Laconia.

Nathaniel Kibby of Gorham is charged with 205 indictments involving multiple kidnapping and sexual assault counts.

NH Attorney General

 

The man accused of kidnapping a 14-year-old girl and raping her over the course of nine months has been indicted on new charges that he threatened the lead prosecutor in the case.

Nathaniel Kibby of Gorham is scheduled to go on trial in March 2016. Prosecutors say the 35-year-old Kibby kidnapped the girl on her way home from school in Conway on Oct. 9, 2013, then imprisoned her in his home and a storage unit until July 2014, when she returned home. He faces more than 200 charges in Carroll and Coos counties.

N.H. Attorney General

 

A 2016 trial date has been set for a man charged with kidnapping a 14-year-old New Hampshire girl and raping her over the course of nine months.

Merrimack County Superior Court Judge Larry Smukler says jury selection will begin March 21 for Nathaniel Kibby, of Gorham.

Prosecutors say the 34-year-old Kibby kidnapped the girl on her way home from school in Conway on Oct. 9, 2013. They say he imprisoned her in his house and a storage unit until July 2014, when she returned home.

N.H. Attorney General

  Lawyers for Nathaniel Kibby, who is  charged with kidnapping and sexually assaulting a Conway teenager over the course of nine months, will appear in court today to finalize a trial date.

The 34-year-old Gorham man faces more than 200 indictments in Carroll County where he allegedly kidnapped the then 14-year-old victim and in Coos County where he is suspected to have held and sexually abused her in his mobile home. 

But last month a judge consolidated the charges and assigned the case to Belknap County.

NH Attorney General

  The case of Nathaniel Kibby, the Gorham man accused of kidnapping and repeatedly sexually assaulting a Conway teenager for several months, will likely go to trial next year. That’s according to a superior court justice who presided over a dispositional hearing Thursday.

After listening to both defense and prosecution, Judge Peter Bornstein said he's putting the trial on track for January of 2016. The delay was largely to afford the defense enough time to sift through thousands of pages and dozens of CDs containing evidence provided by the prosecution.

NH Attorney General

The man accused of kidnapping, imprisoning and raping a northern New Hampshire girl over nine months has waived two preliminary hearings.

Nathaniel Kibby, a 34-year-old from Gorham, was charged in December with more than 200 counts and was due to be arraigned Thursday in Coos County and Friday in Carroll County. His public defender, Jesse Friedman, has waived the arraignments and entered not guilty pleas on Kibby's behalf.

NH Attorney General

A judge set bail at $1 million cash for a Gorham man charged with kidnapping North Conway teen Abigail Hernandez and authorities are continuing to investigate the case.

Associate Attorney General Jane Young says they have no other suspects currently but more information may come to light in the weeks to come.

“As you are all aware, searches are ongoing right now at Mr. Kibby’s residence. If there is additional evidence that other crimes have been committed, those charges will be brought.”