State health officials say several recent salmonella infections in New Hampshire are linked to a national outbreak.
According to the Department of Health and Human Services, 11 people in the state were infected with salmonella shortly after exposure to chicks or chickens.
The patients became ill between late March and early July, and most had been raising the chicks in their homes or backyards.
Two were hospitalized, and all have fully recovered.
Originally published on Wed January 9, 2013 5:15 pm
When you tear open a bag of prewashed salad greens, do you worry that this superhealthful fast food could actually make you sick?
The companies that sold you that salad do worry about it. Because no matter how much they try to keep dangerous microbes out of that bag, they can't seem to guarantee that they've caught every one.
This week, for instance, Dole Foods recalled thousands of bags of lettuce after a few leaves from one of those bags turned up positive for Salmonella bacteria.
2 Pillsbury Street, 6th Floor, Concord NH 03301 T: 603-228-8910 or 800-639-4131 F: 603-224-6052 E: email us