Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Portsmouth Up In Arms Over Noise Complaints
- A Tiny House On High: Laconia Man Builds A Tree House For Grown-Ups
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For September 2014
- What The Market Basket Protests Mean For The Future Of Labor Unions
- Gov. Hassan Praises Market Basket Deal That Reinstates Arthur T. Demoulas
The Download On N.H.'s App Economy
More than half of all Americans own a smartphone. The explosion of this technology over the past few years has created a rapidly growing job sector in designing and developing smartphone apps. NHPR’s Amanda Loder looks at how this industry is growing and changing in New Hampshire: she introduces us to the world of mobile app development, introduces us to some Granite Staters who are gambling on startup success and the challenges they face, and talks with professors and students about how they see themselves fitting into the mobile app economy.
Series made possible with support from the Southern New Hampshire University School of Business, emphasizing applications of theory and knowledge in the real world.