Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- Keene Residents Discuss Riots, Weigh Future Of Pumpkin Festival
- ACA Open Enrollment Is Here...5 Tips For Shopping Your New Options
- As Snow Flies, N.H. Contemplates Using Less Salt
Prior to joining NHPR, Virginia Prescott was editor and producer for the nationally syndicated programs On Point and Here & Now, produced at WBUR in Boston. Virginia grew up in New Hampshire, but began her radio career at WWOZ Radio in New Orleans. She moved to New York City and worked for the team behind NPR’s Peabody Award-winning Jazz from Lincoln Center series with Ed Bradley. Virginia then joined WNYC to launch the station’s website and oversee all its interactive media sites. Throughout her radio career, Virginia helped set up independent radio stations in developing regions in southern and West Africa. She has also trained journalists in post-conflict zones from Sierra Leone to the former Yugoslavia. She was awarded a Loeb Fellowship at Harvard University where she studied how broadcast media could spark dialogue and build community across terrestrial borders.