Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Thu May 30, 2013
Common Core Comes To New Hampshire
By the 2014-2015 school year, the new Common Core State Standards are set to be in full effect.
- What are the Common Core standards?
- Where do they come from?
- Why the push for new educational standards at all?
- What arguments are critics making against it?
- What exactly will change for students & teachers in the classroom?
- How will the new standardized testing affect school curriculum?
In a week-long series, NHPR education reporter Sam Evans-Brown answers all these questions and more on the Common Core.
- The Common Core State Standards: Not Yet In Place, Already Controversial
- Common Core Skeptics And Supporters Cut Across Political Boundaries
- Change To Common Core Will Be "Messy"
- New 'Smarter Balanced' Test Will Ask More Of Students
- Pulling Back The Camera, What Can We Expect From The Common Core
This series supported by: Arthur Getz Charitable Trust & Ann deNicola Trust, RSB Citizens, N.A. Trustee; Lincoln Financial Foundation