Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Nashua Runner Races Boston Marathon For Beloved Guide Dog
- Meet Peter Biello, NHPR's New 'All Things Considered' Host
- Workers With Disabilities Will Be Paid At Least Minimum Wage In New Hampshire
- At GOP Summit, 2016 Contenders Work To Impress N.H. Base
Thu May 30, 2013
Common Core Comes To New Hampshire
By the 2014-2015 school year, the new Common Core State Standards are set to be in full effect.
- What are the Common Core standards?
- Where do they come from?
- Why the push for new educational standards at all?
- What arguments are critics making against it?
- What exactly will change for students & teachers in the classroom?
- How will the new standardized testing affect school curriculum?
In a week-long series, NHPR education reporter Sam Evans-Brown answers all these questions and more on the Common Core.
- The Common Core State Standards: Not Yet In Place, Already Controversial
- Common Core Skeptics And Supporters Cut Across Political Boundaries
- Change To Common Core Will Be "Messy"
- New 'Smarter Balanced' Test Will Ask More Of Students
- Pulling Back The Camera, What Can We Expect From The Common Core
This series supported by: Arthur Getz Charitable Trust & Ann deNicola Trust, RSB Citizens, N.A. Trustee; Lincoln Financial Foundation