Remember! New Hampshire is one of 13 states in the country where you can register to vote at the polls on election day. You'll need proof of age, where you're domiciled, and that you're a citizen. To learn more, go here.
New Hampshire voters will finally decide this year's political races this week, casting votes for President, U.S. Senate, Congress and governor -- all the way down to individual seats for the Legislature and local town races.
Related: Find your local polling place with this search tool from the N.H. Secretary of State's office
If you're still trying to figure out how to vote, you've come to the right place. NHPR has been following the major races for more than a year, and we've gathered our coverage here -- including candidate profiles, issue explainers, on-air interviews with the candidates, and updates from the campaign trail.
Related: How has your town voted in recent elections? Check out our interactive map to find out!
The Races: Candidate Profiles and Coverage
Candidate Forums & Debates:
- 11/1/16: Questions on Fundraising Prompt Contentious Back-and-Forth at Final Gubernatorial Debate
- 10/24/16: Sununu, Van Ostern Clash on Medicaid, Planned Parenthood, Resumes
- 9/21/16: Sununu, Van Ostern Spar Over Executive Council Record at First Gubernatorial Forum
- Full Video & Audio: NHPR/NH BIA/NHBR Gubernatorial Forum
- Primary Conversation: Chris Sununu (R) on Morning Edition
Campaign feature stories:
- Growing Up Sununu: A Familiar Name Brings Both Benefits and Baggage to the Ballot
- How Planned Parenthood Funding Became the Centerpiece of the N.H. Governor's Race
- Van Ostern's 'Political Operative' Past Is an Asset (And a Liability) In Run For Governor
- A Closer Look At Sununu's Claim He Created 'Hundreds of Jobs' At Waterville Valley
- Where They Stand: Environmental Issues Energize Debate In Governor's Race
- Where They Stand: Solutions to N.H.'s Drug Crisis at Center of Governor's Race
Debates & Forums:
- 11/5/16: Ayotte, Hassan Feud Over Independence And Effectiveness In Final Debate
- Full Audio/Video: Conversation with the Candidate: Senator Kelly Ayotte on The Exchange
- Full Audio/Video: Conversation with the Candidate: Governor Maggie Hassan
- Full Audio/Video: The NHPR/NH BIA/NHBR Senate Forum
- 10/14/16: Ayotte, Hassan Clash Over Independence on Issues - And From Trump and Clinton
- Hassan's Running On A Strong N.H. Economy, But Can She Take The Credit?
- Running Toward the Middle, Ayotte Preaches Bipartisanship But Picks Her Spots
- Video: Sen. Kelly Ayotte's Elevator Pitch to New Hampshire Voters
- Where They Stand: National Security Issues Front and Center In Ayotte, Hassan Race
- Ayotte Aims to Keep Trump at Arm's Length But His Supporters Within Reach
- In The Balance: Post-Debate Campaign Ads Respond To Ayotte's Viral Trump Moment
- Video: Gov. Maggie Hassan's Elevator Pitch to Voters on Her Run for U.S. Senate
More Coverage by Candidate:
- In N.H.'s 1st Congressional District, Election Day Feels Like Groundhog Day
- In 1st CD Race, Independent O'Connor Hopes to Offer Voters Fresh Alternative
- GOP Group Pulls Support for Guinta, Spelling More Trouble for 1st District Incumbent
- O'Connor Joins Familiar 1st District Foes Guinta, Shea-Porter at NH1 Debate
- Video: 1st District Congressman Frank Guinta's Elevator Pitch to N.H. Voters
- 2016 Conversations with the Candidates: Democratic Congressional Candidate Carol Shea-Porter
- Conversations with the Candidates: 1st District Congressman Frank Guinta
More Coverage by Candidate
- Bipartisan Work on Opioid Crisis Helps Set Kuster Apart In Divided Congress
- Lawrence Builds Congressional Pitch on Business Record, But There's Little Record of His Business
- Video: Jim Lawrence's Elevator Pitch On Why Voters Should Send Him to Congress
CD2 Candidate Forums:
- 2016 Conversations with the Candidates: Congresswoman Ann McLane Kuster
- 2016 Conversations with the Candidates: Republican Jim Lawrence
More coverage of the candidates:
State of Democracy series: Gerrymandering Gives Republicans the Edge in State Senate:
- How a Few Lines on a Map Hold So Much Power in New Hampshire Politics
- As New Hampshire Shifts to a Swing State, Why Do Legislative Lines Still Favor Republicans?
- In Contests for State Senate, Small Races Have Big Policy Impact
Data and Infographics on N.H. Politics and Elections
- N.H. Map: How Has Your Town Voted in Recent Elections?
- How N.H. Went from Deep Red to Swing State Over the Course of a Few Elections
- Even as N.H. Shifts Politically, Bellwether Towns Remain
NHPR's Politics & Policy Blog: Data, news and analysis of politics and public policy in New Hampshire